Probate Court Clerk

The Probate Court Clerk’s Office handles the clerk responsibilities for all matters filed in the Seventh Circuit Court – Probate Division. The Seventh Circuit Court has exclusive jurisdiction in Davidson County for all matters related to the administration of deceased person’s estates, including the probating of wills and is, thus, commonly referred to as the Davidson County Probate Court.

The Probate Court also has concurrent jurisdiction over the creation and supervision of conservatorships and guardianships. To a lesser degree, the Probate Court also handles other types of cases, including, but not limited to, adult and minor name changes, emancipations, legitimations and various legal matters involving trusts.

Judge Andra Hedrick is the judge of the Seventh Circuit Court and presides over all matters filed in the Probate Court.

Rocket Docket Special Notice

Beginning January 2023, the Probate Rocket Docket will be conducted on Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. by Judith Lojek (Special Master) in Courtroom 608 as a hybrid docket.  Zoom option is available.  Please refer to the Rocket Docket Procedures 2023 for all requirements

Special Notices

Contact Information

Phone: (615) 862-5980
Fax: (615) 862-5987
Fax Filings: (615) 296-4502
Office Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Monday through Friday (Excluding holidays)

Mailing Address

Probate Court Clerk’s Office
P.O. Box 196300
Nashville, TN 37219-6300

Street Address
(address change effective January 1, 2023)

Probate Court Clerk’s Office
1 Public Square
Suite 302
Nashville, TN 37201