General - Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages/benefits of being a CaseLink subscriber?
There are many benefits:
- No driving downtown or parking hassles.
- No waiting in line.
- Reduced phone calls.
- Reduced staff time.
- Reduced costs for file copies.
- Automated Case Alerts.
Where do I find CaseLink on the internet?
CaseLink web address is https://caselink.nashville.gov or click the link below to access the CaseLink start page.
Is there a cost for CaseLink?
Yes. There is a month-to-month subscription cost of $25. There is not an automatic renewal unless you set up that option through LexisNexus payment services. You are under no obligation to renew and no automatic billing will occur.
How do I subscribe to CaseLink?
Please go to https://caselink.nashville.gov and click on Sign Up button. You will be walked through the process and redirected to the payment website to complete the sign-up.
How do I make my subscriber payment?
All payments must be made online. We cannot take CaseLink payments in our office, over the phone or by mail.
How can I setup recurring payments for CaseLink service?
To set up Recurring Payments for your CaseLink account you will need to check you email for the last payment receipt. At the bottom of this receipt is a custom link for your account to create the recurring payment.
Once you have Recurring Payments set up and ever need to make changes, use the following link:
If you need assistance with the payment website or have an issue with processing the payment you will need to contact Lexis Nexis directly at 1-800-669-8312, option 3.
I have signed up and paid for the service but I cannot log in, what now?
Your pop-up blocker settings may be the cause for the problems you are having, unless you are getting a “Invalid Username/Password” message.
If the latter is true, click on the “Forgot Your Password?” link to be sent a temporary password.
Otherwise, you just need to disable the pop-up blocker while using CaseLink or add https://caselink.nashville.gov to your allow list. (*Note – Caselink now uses https:// at the beginning)
We have provided some basic instructions of adjusting your pop-up settings in the Frequently Asked Questions section under the Technical section.
**Note** If you are using an Apple/MAC computer, the Safari browser may not work even after changing settings. We recommend using Firefox or Chrome browser on the Apple/MAC to use CaseLink.
If you are still having issues after disabling the pop-up blocker, please email the Technical Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 615-862-4444 during our normal business hours.
Can I print Court documents from CaseLink?
We are pleased to announce that CaseLink subscribers can now view and print images of unsealed and redacted Circuit, Probate and General Sessions Court documents.
What are Case Alerts?
Case Alerts are automatic notifications sent to you via email when a pleading is added on a case in your Watch List. The Watch List can be set up under My Account > Case Alerts. You can have only one email address attached to your Case Alerts and it can be any valid email address you choose.
Technical - Frequently Asked Questions
What are the computer requirements for CaseLink?
You can now use a Windows or Apple computer running a modern web browser such as Microsoft Edge (Windows 10), Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 10 or higher), Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari*. [*Exceptions apply]
If I am using a MAC or iPad, what changes do I need to make in Safari for CaseLink?
Safari has a built in pop-up blocker that must be turned off (under Preferences > Security > Uncheck Pop-up Blocker). Also, do not use the Back button when trying to view cases. You will need to type in the Case Number and hit the Search button again. To avoid compatibility issues we recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome on your MAC or iPad.
Will CaseLink work on an Android based tablet?
This scenario has not been tested as there are so many different types of Android tablets on the market. If using the Chrome browser, it may work like the desktop version but we cannot guarantee that at this time.
I'm having trouble viewing document images. What's wrong?
CaseLink opens images in a new window, which is often prevented by pop-up blockers. You must configure your browser and any add-on toolbars with pop-up blockers to allow pop-ups on http://caselink.nashville.gov.
How do I change my browsers Pop-up Settings?
Disclaimer: We do not advise turning off your popup blocker permanently! You may turn off your popup blocker temporarily or else add selected sites to your safe list. Permanently disabling popup blocker may make your computer vulnerable to malicious code.
To disable the pop-up blocker in Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the More button in the top right.
- Click Settings.
- Click Privacy & Security on the left.
- Under Security, click the Block pop-ups toggle to turn it to Off.
To disable the pop-up blocker in Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Click the GEAR icon and select Internet Options.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Uncheck Turn on Pop–up Blocker to disable the pop–up blocker.
- Click the Settings button to disable pop–up blockers for specific sites.
- Click OK.
To disable the pop-up blocker in Mozilla Firefox:
- Click the menu button and select .
- Select the panel and go to the Permissions section.
- Make sure the Block pop-up windows checkbox is checked.
- To the right of Block pop-up windows, click the button. A dialog box will open with a list of sites that are allowed to show pop-ups.
- If the site that’s opening pop-ups is listed here, select it and press .
- Click on to update your changes.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
To disable the pop-up blocker in Google Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Pop-ups and redirects.
- At the top, turn the setting to Allowed or Blocked.
To disable the pop-up blocker in Apple Safari:
- Click Safari from the top menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Pop–up Windows under General on the left.
- Click the When visiting other websites drop-down at the bottom right.
- Select Allow