Metro Home Mayor's Office Metro Council Online Services Help

General Sessions - Civil Division

Frequently Asked Questions


Where are you located and can you give me directions?


Please visit our "Contact Us" page that provides our street address and a link to Mapquest for directions.



What is your mailing address and who do I make my payment payable to?


Please visit our "Contact Us" page that provides our mailing address. You should make your check, money order or cashier's check payable to the General Sessions Clerk. Please be sure to write the docket number on your payment. This office does not accept credit or debit card payments.



Can I view the filings of a specific case on the web site?


Please visit the "Caselink" page that provides information about a subscriber's ability to view individual cases and print documents.



How can I get a judgment removed from my credit report?


If the Clerk's record reflects that the judgment is paid in full, we can provide a "Credit Bureau letter" for the cost of $5.00 that you will mail to all three credit bureaus. There is no longer a local credit bureau. All three credit bureaus are out of state. Please click the following link for Credit Bureau address information.



Can the Clerk’s office answer my legal questions?


No, any legal questions should be forwarded to a licensed attorney. There are no attorneys in the Clerk’s office. The Nashville Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service may be able to help you find an attorney who handles your type of case. For additional information, please see Guidelines for Tennessee Court Clerks Who Assist Self-Represented Persons.