Metro Home Mayor's Office Metro Council Online Services Help

Frequently Asked Questions

QCan I fax pleadings to your office?
AYes, you can fax file certain documents in Circuit and Probate Court pursuant to Rule 5A of Tennessee Rules of Civil Procedure.
QCan I access case information from the internet?
AYes, please click CaseLink at the top of this page for further information.
QWhat are your office hours?
AConsult the "Contact Us" page for each department for complete information regarding locations and hours of operation.
QWhere can I park?
AMetro does not provide free parking for visitors to downtown Court facilities but a number of pay lots are available nearby. The Nashville Downtown Partnership provides a Location Guide to many downtown parking lots, including the Public Square Garage at the Metro Courthouse.
QWhat number do I call to check on my recent child support payment information?
A(615) 253-4394 if your child support is being paid into Tennessee's Central Child Support Receipting Unit.

(615) 862-5187 if your child support is being paid into the Davidson County Circuit Court Clerk's Office.
QWhat number do I call concerning Jury Duty?

A(615) 862-5294
QWhat is the filing fee for ______?
AVisit our filing fee web pages: Circuit, Probate, General Sessions Civil
QHow much are copies?
  Regular   Certified   Cong. Certified
Circuit 0.50 per page   5.00 + 0.50 per page   10.00 + 0.50 per page
Probate 0.50 per page   5.00 + 0.50 per page   10.00 + 0.50 per page
Gen. Sessions Civil 0.50 per page   5.00 + 0.50 per page   5.00 + 0.50 per page
QWhere is the Metro Courthouse?
AThe Metro Courthouse is located at 1 Public Square in Nashville, Tennessee. It is the gray stone building bordered by James Robertson Parkway, Union Street and Third Avenue, North.
QCan the Clerk’s office answer my legal questions?
ANo, any legal questions should be forwarded to a licensed attorney. There are no attorneys in the Clerk’s office. The Nashville Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service may be able to help you find an attorney who handles your type of case. For additional information, please see Guidelines for Tennessee Court Clerks Who Assist Self-Represented Persons.
QHow can I get a judgment removed from my credit report?
AIf the Clerk's record reflects that the judgment is paid in full, we can provide a "Credit Bureau letter" for the cost of $5.00 that you will mail to all three credit bureaus. There is no longer a local credit bureau. All three credit bureaus are out of state. Please click the following link for Credit Bureau address information.