Metro Home Mayor's Office Metro Council Online Services Help

I’m Not Guilty - I Want To See A Judge!

Fictional Judge

If you would like to plead “Not Guilty” and request a hearing before a General Sessions Judge, you must do so in writing, using the form on the back of the Traffic Court Information Sheet, but you must know your ticket number, which is printed in the upper right corner of the first page of your ticket. If you do not know your ticket number, please call the Traffic Violation Bureau at the number listed on our “Contact Us” page and they will provide it to you.

Your signed “Not Guilty” plea must be received by the Traffic Violation Bureau no later than forty-five days (45) days from the issuance date of the ticket. Once a Court date has been assigned, you will be notified by mail at the address provided on the form. If you fail to appear in Court on the assigned date and time, or you appear and are found guilty, a judgment will be entered against you, resulting in the assessment of additional fees. Failure to pay the fines and costs may result in the suspension of your driver’s license, the garnishment of your wages or levy of your property to satisfy your Court-ordered obligation.

Send the completed form to the Traffic Violation Bureau’s mailing address, listed on our “Contact Us” page.