Metro Home Mayor's Office Metro Council Online Services Help

I’m Not Guilty - I Want To See A Judge!

Drawing of Judge on Bench

If you would like to plead “Not Guilty” and request a hearing before a General Sessions Judge, you must do so in writing using the “Not Guilty - Request Hearing” form. To download and print the form, click here.

Your request must be received by the Traffic Violation Bureau no later than forty-five (45) days from the issuance date of the ticket. Once a court date has been assigned, you will be notified by mail at the address you provided to us on the form.

If you fail to appear in Court on the assigned date or you appear and are found guilty, a judgment will be entered against you, resulting in the assessment of additional fees. Failure to pay the fines and costs may result in the issuance of a parking warrant, the garnishment of your wages or levy of property to satisfy the Court-ordered obligation.

Send the completed form to the Traffic Violation Bureau’s mailing address listed on our “Contact Us” page.